It seems like in most places we travel these days, fantastic locally brewed craft beer is waiting to be sampled. Head to the Texas Hill Country, and you'll find plenty of fantastic Hill Country breweries - not to mention a host of the best Texas wineries, too!
Like most locales nationwide, the Hill Country breweries put their spin on craft beers produced here. They do a fine job of treating their patrons to locally inspired flavor profiles and delicious pints of beer - pints that we find exceptionally refreshing during the hot summers. Though we'd considered many craft brews made by Hill Country breweries superior, they are anything but pretentious. Instead, local breweries aim to showcase simple, high-quality ingredients.
Whether you aim to sample as many of these breweries as possible or just want a relaxing place to spend an afternoon, these Hill Country breweries won't disappoint. When you're done for the day and ready to rest, there's no better place to put your feet up than our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast. We offer guests a simple yet refined and understated elegance. Sit under the warmth of the Texas Sun overlooking our 22-acre property, relax in our 45-foot lap pool, indulge in a Day Spa treatment, and otherwise, let us treat you to a memorable getaway. Book your room at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast today!
Our Favorite Hill Country Breweries
Shiner Bock and Lone Star Beer are two of the more well-known beers produced in Texas, but there's definitely far more to the Texas beer scene than these two products. Whether you're just learning about Texas breweries or are a long-time fan, there's no better place to get a taste of the Lone Star State than at Hill Country Breweries. They also offer a welcome respite from the Texas Heat and pair perfectly with floats down the Guadalupe River or trips to local swimming holes like Jacobs Well or Blue Hole Regional Park.
Get started on your beer-tasting journey at one of the eight fantastic Hill Country Breweries below.
- Vista Brewing, one of our favorite Hill Country breweries, is about 25 minutes north of our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast. It's also a fantastic place to dine, focusing on fresh farm-to-table cuisine.
- Jester King Brewery in Austin was recently named the 4th best small brewery in the world by readers of Craft Beer & Brewing, so it's definitely one to add to your list.
- Rough House Brewing is just 10 minutes away in San Marcos. It's a beautiful and rustic venue best known for its farmhouse amber, a beer brewed with cherries.
- Bluebonnet Beer Company is also in Austin and is undoubtedly one of the many Hill Country breweries worth adding to your list.
- If you're after variety, then Middleton Brewery in San Marcos is what you're looking for! This is one of the more creative Hill Country breweries; you can easily find something for everyone here. They also offer plenty of great locally-made ciders.
- Enjoy a quintessential summer day in the Texas Hill Country, sipping beer, playing patio games, and enjoying live music. All that and more can be found at Bear King Brewing, another of our favorite Hill Country breweries to burst onto the scene in recent years.
- Make your way to Dripping Springs, and you'll find Twisted X, another of our favorite Hill Country breweries. Their focus is on small-batch, unique beers, including things like their Chupahopra and Whoa-Mango.
- In the beautiful town of Blanco, you'll find Real Ale Brewing Co., which focuses on naturally-produced craft beer. Their water comes from the nearby Blanco River, and you won't find any artificial ingredients here - two of the many reasons it's one of our favorite Hill Country breweries.
If you want to experience even more Hill Country breweries, consider exploring the Hill Country Craft Beer Trail!
The Best Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast
While you can craft an entire getaway around these fantastic Hill Country breweries, there's much more to love about it here than great beer. That is especially true when you treat yourself to a stay at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast, a retreat like no other. Add to these great Hill Country breweries even more things to do in Texas Hill Country, and you truly do have an unforgettable getaway in the making!
Whatever you choose to do while you're here, you can relax knowing there's no better place to stay in the area than our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast. Our beautiful Inn, located near the charming, artistic town of Wimberley, sits on a gorgeous hillside overlooking the vast expanses of Texas Hill Country. Sit with a glass of wine or beer on your private porch or patio and enjoy sweeping views of the natural landscapes or lounge poolside with your favorite summer read.
We offer guests a range of guest rooms, suites, and cottages, all outfitted with ample high-end amenities, each with access to our stunning Day Spa, pool, and other property amenities. Whether or not you make it to the top Hill Country breweries, we know you'll leave here refreshed after the perfect summer getaway. Book your room today!