Though it may get hot in Texas during the summer, don't let that deter you from a spectacular visit to our Wimberley Bed and Breakfast! There are plenty of things to do in Hill Country this summer, not least of which is enjoying some of the best tubing in Texas. Between a relaxing tubing adventure down the scenic rivers and afternoons on the water at Canyon Lake, Texas, to relaxing afternoons poolside at our Wimberley Bed and Breakfast, you're in for a real treat this summer!
Some genuinely stunning Texas rivers run throughout Hill Country, providing ample opportunity to enjoy a day on the water tubing in Texas. Imagine leisurely floating through the water with your best girlfriends, your significant other, or a network of your closest friends and family. From the popular Guadalupe River to the Pedernales River, there's plenty of fun waiting for you in Texas Hill Country this summer.
Of course, tubing in Texas is just the beginning of what's waiting for you in Hill Country. You can also expect to enjoy relaxed afternoon wine tasting at the best Texas Hill Country wineries , spend plenty of lazy summer afternoons by our pool, and get indulgent treatments in our newly expanded Texas Hill Country spa. Design your vacation how you need to have fun and come away refreshed - and always choose the best lodging in the area at our Wimberley Bed and Breakfast.Book your room today!
Spend a Day Tubing in Texas This Summer
At first glance, tubing in Texas might not seem like much. That is, of course, until you lay eyes on the spectacular rivers of Hill Country. Not only are the rivers here beautiful and a unique way to experience the landscapes of Hill Country, but tubing in Texas is also a great way to cool off when the temperatures soar upwards of 100+ degrees!
Of course, tubing in Texas is just one of the many ways to keep cool this summer, and we'd love to help you enjoy it all. We offer plenty of air-conditioned suites and cottages, a relaxing pool with gorgeous Hill Country views, and more tips and suggestions for making the most of your trips to our Wimberley Bed and Breakfast this summer.
Below, we've listed five of the top rivers in Hill Country for tubing in Texas.
- If you only have the time or energy to choose one river for tubing in Texas, make it the stunning Guadalupe River. The Guadalupe River is truly beautiful, and its calm yet exciting waters offer just the right amount of adventure for tubing in Texas. If you'd rather skip the tubing but still want to enjoy the river, head to Guadalupe State Park.
- Another popular place for tubing in Texas Hill Country is the crystal clear waters of the San Marcos River. This spring-fed river stays a remarkable 72 degrees all year round, which is delightfully refreshing on a hot summer day!
- For more beautiful float trips in Hill Country, head to the scenic Blanco River. The easiest way to access the water for tubing in Texas is by heading to Blanco State Park. This is also a great place to enjoy some fishing, swimming, hiking, and more.
- For another excellent float trip, head to the spring-fed Comal River. This charming destination for tubing in Texas meanders through New Braunfels, eventually meeting up with the scenic Guadalupe River. The Comal River is also spring-fed, meaning the waters stay a cooling 70 - 72 degrees year-round.
- Finally, the sparkling Pedernales River is the last place we recommend for tubing in Texas Hill Country. This river is best enjoyed at Pedernales Falls State Park, where the best place to head is a quiet section of water just above the falls. While at the park, enjoy exploring the hiking trails and savoring the scenic beauty of this rugged landscape.
More Water Adventures on Canyon Lake, Texas
Tubing in Texas is just one of the many fun ways to keep cool this summer when you stay at our Wimberley Bed and Breakfast. We're also located nearby some of the best swimming holes in Texas, including Jacobs Well National Area and the Blue Hole Regional Park. For even more summer fun, head to the inviting waters of Canyon Lake, Texas. The vibrant teal waters of the Guadalupe River end in Canyon Lake, Texas, itself a fantastic place for a relaxed day on the water.
Visitors come from all over the country to relax on Canyon Lake, Texas, which is excellent for fishing, boating, swimming, and sunbathing. It's also a beautiful drive from our Wimberley Bed and Breakfast, especially if you take theRiver Road that starts in New Braunfels. The road winds along the Guadalupe River with towering Cypress trees and gorgeous scenery to marvel at as you drive. Once you arrive at Canyon Lake, Texas, you'll have 80 stunning acres of shoreline to explore.
If you're looking to get on the waters of Canyon Lake, Texas, but don't have a boat, you can rent one at one of the twomarinas serving the lake. If you'd rather stick closer to shore, there are several parks and beaches around the lake, many of which offer excellent spots for swimming.
The most popular park on Canyon Lake, Texas, is Canyon Beach Park, but others worth visiting include Canyon Swim Beach, Comal Park Swim Beach, Jacob's Creek Park, Potters Creek Park, and North Park. There are also some great hiking and biking trails in the area for stretching your legs a bit, including the popular Canyon Lake Gorge Trail.
However you spend your summer days, there's only one place worth staying: our Wimberley Bed and Breakfast. We offer a relaxing oasis beyond compare! Book your room today!