There are 89 Texas State Parks worth exploring, but we're confident none are as beautiful or exciting as those found in Texas Hill Country. Whether floating the rivers, picnicking with your sweetheart, hiking, biking, or just exploring, there are plenty of fantastic Texas State Parks in Hill Country to explore. There's no better time to do it than this spring before the oppressive heat of summer is here.
From popular Texas State Parks like Pedernales Falls State Park or Blanco State Park to lesser-known gems like the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site, there are plenty of interesting things to discover in Texas Hill Country. Combine visits to these Texas State Parks with a bit of wine tasting at the top Texas Hill Country wineries, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a better vacation destination throughout 2023.
That is particularly true when you choose our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast, rated as one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, TX. We offer guests the perfect place to rest and recharge. We're best known for our attentive service and gracious hospitality and provide a convenient location from which to enjoy the best of Texas Hill Country. Book your room at one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, TX, today!
The Best Texas State Parks in Hill Country
When the weather really heats up this spring and summer, Texas State Parks in Hill Country are perfect places to cool off, as many of them feature great rivers for floating and playing in. However, when the weather is milder, these Texas State Parks offer hours of recreation and plenty of natural beauty.
This spring, we recommend you find the time to get out and explore the fantastic natural beauty of Texas Hill Country, starting, of course, at these Texas State Parks. We've listed five of the most popular Texas State Parks within easy reach of our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast.
- Pedernales Falls State Park, situated around the Pedernales River, offers some of the most unique and beautiful scenery among Texas State Parks in the area. On warm days, the Pedernales River is a great way to cool off, but otherwise, there are plenty of hiking trails through the surrounding forests and ridges.
- Another of our favorite Texas State Parks in Hill Country is Blanco State Park. The Blanco River is the main feature of this park and offers an excellent place for a cooling dip or a leisurely paddle. There are also several nature trails and wildlife viewing areas here.
- One of the most popular places to go river tubing is at Guadalupe River State Park, but this Texas State Park really is more than just a great place to swim. There's also great hiking and mountain biking at the park. We also recommend a visit to the Honey Creek Area, a great place to learn more about this park's history, geology, flora, and fauna.
- When it comes to beautiful Texas State Parks, it's hard to beat McKinney Falls State Park in Austin. The park sits at the confluence of Onion Creek and Williamson Creek, where the waters flow dramatically over limestone ledges and splashing into pools below. Aside from swimming and fishing, this park is excellent for hiking and biking.
- Finally, for a unique experience at Texas State Parks, head to the Lyndon B Johnson State Park & Historic Site. It also sits on the Pedernales River and is a great place to learn more about President Lyndon B. Johnson, who was born and raised in Texas Hill Country. Aside from learning more about this native Texas son, visitors will also have the chance to experience life on a Texas-German farm and see American bison and Texas longhorns up close and personal.
If you're willing to travel even further, consider visiting one of these thirteen sensational Texas State Parks, many of which are just around two hours from our Inn.
The Best Place to Stay in Wimberley, Texas
While you're enjoying these Texas State Parks and all the other things to do in Texas Hill Country this spring, there's only one place worth staying, and that's our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast, which has long been considered one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, TX. The charming, artsy town of Wimberley is the perfect home base for your adventures in Hill Country.
From the moment you arrive at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast, we think you'll see why so many consider it one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, TX. We offer far more than great accommodations - though the accommodations here are a great part of your stay. Choose from one of our guest rooms, suites, or vacation cottages, and get ready for a memorable vacation. We encourage you to enjoy our other amenities, such as our day spa, 45-foot lap pool or whirlpool spa, or our restaurants in Wimberley, Texas.
Combined, these things create the perfect oasis-like ambiance that makes our Inn one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, Texas. To add to your pampered experience at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast, we'll start every morning of your stay off on the right foot with our delicious 3-course breakfast. We also have a full calendar of two and three-day cooking classes throughout the year. Our cooking classes are relaxed, fun, and welcoming and offer you the chance to gain hands-on experience learning proper cooking principles and professional culinary techniques.
Our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast offers one of the most luxurious and all-inclusive guest experiences, which is why we're considered by many to be one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, TX. Book your getaway at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast today!