Peak travel season to visit the Texas Hill Country is between March and May, when the temperatures are mild and seasonal wildflowers are in bloom. If you're considering visiting this incredible place, then you should know that our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, Texas.
The Texas Hill Country, located a little more than an hour outside of San Antonio and Austin, is well known for its scenic natural beauty, charming small and historic towns, and, of course, some of the best wine tasting in the country. The landscapes here are surprisingly lush and covered with colorful wildflowers and verdant vineyards, which offer a beautiful contrast to the area's lakes, streams, rolling hills, and dramatic bluffs.
There are several reasons to consider Blair House Inn one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, Texas - especially for guests looking for an upscale and luxurious getaway. With an exceptional restaurant on-site open for fine dining on Saturdays and a day spa perfect for a bit of pampering, we offer everything you need for a memorable getaway. Book your getaway and enjoy staying at one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, Texas.
Best Places to Stay in Wimberley, Texas
The Texas Hill Country offers more than just great wine. It's also the perfect place for those seeking adventure, relaxation, delicious food experiences, and so much more. If you're looking to enjoy the good life in the Texas Hill Country, the quiet town of Wimberley offers a great home base.
Get getaways start with great lodging, and from the moment you first arrive at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast, you'll see why it's one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, Texas. Our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast is nestled on 22 stunning acres, and with eight artfully appointed guest rooms and five romantic cottages, you'll immediately feel at ease.
Most guests who choose to stay at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast seek a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. It's this oasis-like ambiance that makes our Inn one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, Texas. In addition to luxury accommodations, we offer a day spa with various services, including facials, aromatherapy, and massages. Throughout your stay, you'll also have the opportunity to take a dip in our 45-foot lap pool or whirlpool spa. From there, you'll have the perfect vantage point to enjoy a breathtaking sunset over Paradise Valley.
In addition to all of the above, our Inn also offers one of the best restaurants in Wimberley, Texas. Every Saturday night, we open to the public and offer a gourmet, fine dining experience that can't be matched. We offer a 5-course pre-fixe menu that changes weekly. We also provide exceptional 3-course breakfasts, included with the cost of your stay.
The food adventures don't stop there, though! We also have a full calendar of two and three-day cooking classesthroughout the year. Our cooking classes are relaxed, fun, and welcoming and offer you the chance to gain hands-on experience learning proper cooking principles and professional culinary techniques. When you're done, we send you home with a recipe book filled with delicious dishes to cook at home.
With all of this award-winning hospitality on offer and stunning natural surroundings at your fingertips, is it any wonder why Blair House Inn is rated as one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, Texas?
Top Things to do in the Texas Hill Country
Now that we've covered why Blair House Inn is one of the best places to stay in Wimberley, Texas, let's talk about what you're going to do while you're here! Whether relaxing and sipping wine or adventuring your way through this diverse part of the state, you'll be anything but bored while visiting us!
There are several great things to do in the Texas Hill Country. Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Explore the rolling hills of Texas Wine Country. We recently wrote a blog listing ten great Texas Hill Country Wineries - a great place to start your wine-tasting journey!
- Wine isn't the only game in town. There are also some great breweries and distilleries to visit in the Hill Country!
- Explore the charming Texas Hill Country towns, including Wimberley and Fredericksburg.
- Take a hike in the many Texas State Parks in the area, including Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, Pedernales Falls State Park, and Garner State Park.
- If you're here during March, April, or May, take a scenic drive on the Willow City Loop and enjoy the colorful explosion of wildflowers.
- In May and June, visit the best lavender fields in Texas, and attend the Blanco Lavender Festival.
- When the weather heats up, hit the water at Canyon Lake, go tubing down local rivers, or enjoy swimming and local swimming holes, including Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve, Jacob's Well, and Blue Hole in Wimberley.
- Go underground at Natural Bridge Caverns.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless here in the Texas Hill Country, and now is the perfect time to visit. See why our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in Wimberley. Book your room today!