There are few better places to visit than our extraordinary Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast when it comes to great summer getaways. Not only is it relaxing and beautiful here, but there are so many fantastic things to do in Hill Country during these summer months! From getting out for some of the best-rated wine tastings in the country to cooling down at local swimming holes, you won't run out of fun things to do in Hill Country of Texas.
Visits to this top-rated destination get even better when they start at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast, the Blair House Inn. In fact, we can even say that visiting our Inn is one of the best things to do in Hill country. That is especially true when you take advantage of everything we offer, including cooking classes and world-class dinners at our Wimberley Restaurant, followed by an indulgent spa treatment at our day spa.
Our Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast really does offer a unique and luxurious slice of paradise. Explore all of the great things to do in Hill Country of Texas this summer, and let us pamper you in style. Book a room at our luxury Hill Country Bed and Breakfast today!
Top Things to do in the Hill Country of Texas
We certainly wouldn't blame you if all you wanted to do was lounge poolside at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast, but there's a vast world of fun things to do in Hill Country just waiting for you! Texas Hill Country is a broad geographic region that encompasses 41 counties and is home to some of the state's most popular cities, like Austin. However, most people who visit Texas Hill Country visit the smaller Hill Country towns with big reputations, like Wimberley and Fredericksburg.
Broadly speaking, Hill Country is also considered the convergence of the American Southwest and Southeast, resulting in an exciting confluence of culture and experiences. It's also geographically fascinating with its Karst topography and the resultant caves, sinkholes, and aquifers. With great culture and interesting geography, you can bet there are plenty of fascinating things to do in Hill Country of Texas!
In truth, there's a little bit of something for everyone in Texas Hill Country. Whether relaxing and sipping wine or adventuring your way through this diverse part of the state, you'll be anything but bored while visiting us! Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in Hill Country of Texas.
- Explore the rolling hills of Texas Wine Country. It's one of the top things to do in Hill Country for a reason! We recently wrote a blog listing ten great Texas Hill Country Wineries - a great place to start your wine-tasting journey!
- Wine isn't the only game in town. There are also some great breweries and distilleries to visit in the Hill Country!
- Aside from drinking your way through this beautiful part of the state, one of our favorite things to do in Hill Country of Texas is exploring the charming small towns that dot the countryside. Here's a great guide to the top Hill Country towns worth visiting, including Wimberley, New Braunfels, Blanco, and Fredericksburg.
- Visit the second-largest granite dome in the country at Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. It's undoubtedly one of the most distinctive features of the Texas Hill Country and a wonderful place to hike and explore for an afternoon.
- Visit Pedernales Falls State Park, where you can cool off in the river and explore the exciting features of the park.
- When it comes to the best things to do in Hill Country in the summer, nothing beats day trips to Canyon Lake for swimming and boating, tubing down the Guadalupe River, or swimming and local swimming holes, including Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve, Jacob's Well, and Blue Hole in Wimberley.
- Another one of the best things to do in Hill Country of Texas during the heat of summer is to go underground at Natural Bridge Caverns.
- Who says you have to go far to enjoy the best things to do in Hill Country? Stay in for the day and lounge poolside at our glorious Bed and Breakfast. Pamper yourself and turn it into a day of indulgence with a treatment at our spa!
Best Place to Stay in Texas Hill Country
The Texas Hill Country itself is a delightful location for those seeking adventure, relaxation, and delicious wine and food. In short, Hill Country is filled with what many fondly refer to as the "good life." With so many exciting things to do in Hill Country, we have no doubt you'll enjoy every second of your time here. But as wonderful as these attractions and activities are, they are nothing compared to the laid-back luxury at our Wimberley, TX Bed and Breakfast.
From the moment you first drive up to our Wimberley, TX Bed and Breakfast, you'll be swept off your feet and into a state of pure luxury. It's easy to see why we're rated as one of the best places to stay in Texas. Wimberley, TX Bed and Breakfast is nestled on 22 stunning acres, with eight artfully appointed guest rooms and five romantic cottages. This oasis-like atmosphere will ease your stress immediately.
Guests love to sit on our decks overlooking the beauty of Hill Country and relax in a way they can't do at home. Add indulgent treatments in our day spa, a dip in our 45-foot lap pool or whirlpool spa, and exceptional Saturday night dinners at one of the best restaurants in Wimberley, Texas. It's easy to see why a getaway here is so coveted.
We also offer two and three-day cooking classes throughout the year, which provides guests with a relaxed, fun, and welcoming opportunity to gain hands-on experience learning proper cooking principles and professional culinary techniques. With this award-winning hospitality on offer, it's no wonder staying at our Wimberley, TX Bed and Breakfast is one of the top things to do in Hill Country. Book your room today!