It seems like fall has been passing by in the blink of an eye, and now the busy holiday season is upon us. If you're looking for some time away this winter, consider a trip to the Texas Hill Country, one of the best weekend trips from Austin! Whether you have a special occasion to celebrate this winter, need to relax, unwind, and destress a bit, or perhaps want a fun weekend away with your best girlfriends for a bit of holiday shopping, it won't take you long to see why the Blair House Inn is one of the best weekend trips from Austin.
There are plenty of things to do in Texas Hill Country. From sipping your way through Texas wineries and enjoying pampering in our onsite day spa to shopping and exploring your way through the quaint Texas Hill Country towns that connect it all, you won't have a second of time to be bored. It gets even better when you add a few days at our Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast, located in the charming town of Wimberley.
Our Bed and Breakfast in Wimberley is known for warm and welcoming hospitality, attentive service, relaxing and well-appointed accommodations, and stunning views. We also host an exciting year-round cooking school and an onsite day spa for those added touches of luxury you crave this winter. Whatever the reason that brings you here, we'd love to share one of the best weekend trips from Austin with you this winter. Book your room at our Wimberley, TX, Bed and Breakfast today!
Romantic Weekend Trips From Austin
Though there are plenty of great reasons to come to the Blair House Inn, including celebrating a fun girl's weekend in Texas, people are often visiting us to enjoy romantic weekend trips from Austin and other nearby cities in Texas. Apart from the exceptional hospitality you'll encounter here from the moment you first arrive, the accommodations make our Wimberley, TX, Bed and Breakfast one of the best weekend trips from Austin.
After all, the accommodations will likely feature prominently in your romantic weekends away, and you want something that sets the perfect cozy and relaxing stage for the two of you. We offer a range of accommodations, including comfortable guest rooms, spacious suites, and more private and intimate cottages. Included with every stay are a hearty Hill Country breakfast and access to our many amenities, including our onsite Day Spa.
Our Wimberley Bed and Breakfast also hosts some of the best cooking classes in Texas. If you like to cook or want to learn new skills in the kitchen, there's no better way to enjoy some good laughs (and good food!) than by taking one of these incredible classes. We still have a great lineup of classes open for the fall and winter, and we've also recently released our calendar for 2023. The chance to enjoy these classes alone is enough reason to consider this getaway one of the best weekend trips from Austin!
Austin is a fantastic city with various attractions, restaurants, bars, and things to do. However, getting out into the relaxing beauty of Hill Country is an experience unto itself. There are plenty of great things to do in Texas Hill Country, not least of which is tasting your way through the top-rated Texas wineries that dot the countryside. It won't take long to see why this gorgeous paradise is one of the best weekend trips from Austin. You don't even have to leave our property's relaxing confines to enjoy some of it!
7 Great Things to do in Texas Hill Country
If you're planning for the best weekend trips from Austin, especially at this time of year, odds are you're looking for someplace to relax and escape the stress of the season. However, for others, finding the best weekend trips from Austin means finding a destination packed with fun activities and various things to do. Luckily, in Hill Country, you'll find both!
There are plenty of fantastic things to do in Texas Hill Country. Many visit this area for the chance to visit wineries and tasting rooms, but that's really just the beginning of things to do in Texas Hill Country. Whatever you need during your weekend trips from Austin, you'll find it here. Below, you'll find a list of 7 of our favorite things to do in Texas Hill Country this winter.
- We've mentioned it a few times already, but wine tasting at the best Texas Hill Country wineries is one of the top-rated things to do in Texas Hill Country. Is there any doubt as to why? Texas Hill Country is one of the oldest wine-growing regions in the country and produces some truly exceptional wines. Talk about a great way to spend your weekend trips from Austin!
- Wine isn't the only excellent craft beverage in town. Don't miss your chance to sample from some of the best Texas breweries nearby, too!
- Strap your dancing shoes on and head out for some nightlife. One of the top things to do in Texas Hill Country after dark is enjoying live music and dancing. You can do this in nearby downtown Wimberley, or you can head to one of the most popular places in Hill Country, Gruene Hall.
- Visit the charming small Texas Hill Country towns, where you'll find great shopping, wine tasting, art galleries, and more.
- You've left the city during these weekend trips from Austin, so why not embrace being in the countryside? Take a unique adventure in Texas Hill Country and ride horseback at nearby ranches like Bel Canto Farms or Texas Trail Rides. It's one of the most unique and fun things to do in Texas Hill Country!
- The weather is still mild enough this winter to get outside and enjoy some of the best scenery in the state. Top places to go hiking include Blanco State Park, Pedernales Falls State Park, and Enchanted Rock State Natural Area.
- Visit the charming art galleries and studios downtown, like Wimberley Glass Works or Silo Glass Studio.
Don't let one of the best weekend trips from Austin pass you by. Book your room at our exceptional Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast today.